WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED THIS WEEK
- Broadway Crossword by Blog, Part 3
- Coming Soon to My CD Collection, Part 2
- On the Radar: Yank!
- Winning the Lottery (The ticket lottery at West Side Story)
- REVIEW: West Side Story
- My MegaBus Experience
No sooner did my On the Radar: Yank! post, the rest of the cast for the upcoming off-Broadway production was announced, and I am even more excited than ever about it! Not only will the show star Broadway cutie-pie Bobby Steggert, but it will also boast the talents of Nancy Anderson (A Class Act), Jeffry Denman (White Christmas) and Ivan Hernandez, plus an ensemble that includes: Andrew Durand (Spring Awakening), Zak Edwards, Todd Faulkner, Denis Lambert (A Chorus Line), Joseph Medeiros, David Perlman, Christopher Ruth, and Tally Sessions (South Pacific). The York Theatre Company production begins February 16 and runs through March 21! I can't wait to see this one!
If you missed The 39 Steps at any of the three theaters it played on Broadway, like I did, there is still hope! As reported months ago as rumor has now been confirmed. The Tony-winning comedy will re-open off-Broadway at New World Stages, joining another post-Broadway gem, Avenue Q. Casting has not been announced yet, but performances are scheduled to begin March 25. There is also a National Tour of the show crossing the country.
- Billy Elliot turns 500 at tonight's 7:30 performance! That's a lot of "angry" dancing!
- The troubled but successful revival of Bye Bye Birdie closes today to Henry Miller's Theatre. The production played 40 previews and 117 performances.
- Disney's High School Musical film star Corbin Bleu joins the company of In the Heights as Usnavi starting tomorrow (1/25) for a run this winter.
- Cast members of Memphis have joined the Haitian relief effort. They will be featured in a concert coming up February 1st.
Comments? Leave one here or email me at email@example.com.