But before we start...
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED LAST WEEK:
- Musicals by Definition
- Broadway Crossword by Blog, Part 5
- Re-naming Broadway Theatres, Parts 1, 2, 3 **
- Broadway Boys: Mr. April 2010
- March Poll Results: The Best Movie Musicals
- Off-Broadway: The New Out of Town Tryout?
** - Read over these three blogs to help you decide on this month's poll!
Sad news first...
JUNE HAVOC, DEAD AT 96/97
Bad news next...
EVERY DAY A LITTLE DEATH
Interesting (maybe)/Who cares (probably) news...
TAKE ME OUT!
And the great news...
WE'RE IN THE MONEY!!
And yet here we are... over a year ago, previews began. It won three 2009 Tonys. Its cast recirding is a best seller and in just over a week, it begins year two on Broadway. Congratulations! I guess this just proves that every once in awhile quality earns respect AND a little cash.
BROADWAY BY THE NUMBERS
- 0: The number of days we have to wait for All About Me to close so that the theatre can be renamed for Stephen Sondheim!
- 8: The number of days until I can spill my guts about what I thought of Million Dollar Quartet - it is killing me!
- 29: The number of days until the 2010 Tony Award nominations are announced!
Happy Birthday Last week to:
3/28: Diane Wiest
3/30: Warren Beatty (Tony nominee for A Loss of Roses)
3/31: Christopher Walken
4/1: Debbie Reynolds
4/2: Linda Hunt
4/3: David Hyde Pierce
Comments? Leave on here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.