Saturday, May 15, 2010

Broadway Ladies: Ms. May 2010

My Ms. May is one of my favorite Broadway stars on the rise.  I have been smitten with her since the first time I saw her.  It was the Ethel Barrymore Theatre.  The show: Company; the role: April, the stewardess.  She was pretty, with stunning, but amazingly blank eyes.  Totally in character, even as she played her instruments.  She was one of the few things that kept me from gluing my eyes to Raul Esparza!  Then I saw her in her first leading role in Cry-Baby, a show I liked very much and wish had made more of a splash.  Most recently, I saw her in Million Dollar Quartet, and as I said in my review, she is one of about two things that make the show worth going to see (the other being the delicious and outrageously talented Levi Kreis).  She heats up the entire production with her scorching rendition of "Fever," and it is HOT!

Now, without further adieu, here she is... Ms. May 2010... Elizabeth Stanley!


What a great headshot!


On the Company Red Carpet!


"You Could Drive a Person Crazy"


Elizabeth and Raul: "Barcelona"


French kissin' in the Baltimore 'burbs
in Cry-Baby


Elizabeth and another hottie, James Snyder


She's Alive!  The Xanadu Tour


"Suspended in Time": Xanadu


With yet another Broadway hottie -
Elizabeth and Max von Essen in Xanadu


She's 4 for 4!  Elizabeth with
Eddie Clendening in MDQ


And here she is giving Broadway
"Fever" in Million Dollar Quartet!

Some one please give this great talent a super great show to star in!  PLEASE!


Comments?  Suggestions for next month's Ms. Broadway?  Leave one here or email me at jkstheatrescene@yahoo.com.
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...