WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED!
Click on the following links to read blogs from this past week:
Best of the Decade: The Best Musicals #5
The Public Theater: Off-Broadway to Broadway, Again
Best of the Decade: The Best Musicals #4
Another One Bites the Dust
Blogjack: The Responsibility Project
Broadway Boys: Mr. August 2010 (a whole day early!)
(Answers to last week's Broadway Game: Where on Broadway Am I? are at the very bottom of this blog!)
Jesus Christ GAY Superstar?
Maybe I am reacting incorrectly to this press announcement and accompanying photos, as I have not seen the production. But one wonders what kind of reaction they are going for. Isn't the show edgy and contorversial enough? I certainly have no issue with gay themes, but am I to believe that Judas, according to these pictures, was at least bisexual, if not gay? What about Jesus? Mary? Controversy for the sake of controversy bothers me. Again, not having seen the show, let me say I am reacting to the pictures only. Sex sells, and this certainly grabs the attention. I noticed. Now I hope the show makes a decent point.
ANSWERS TO BROADWAY GAME: Where Am I On Broadway?
To play the game before you look at the answers, click here.
1. The Times Square Coca-Cola sign
2. Come Fly Away marquee
3. American Idiot marquee
4. Subway tile sign (this one happens to point the way to Madison Square Garden)
5. The store sign over the entrance to the Broadway Gift Shop (45th Street entrance)
6. The front of the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, The Addams Family marquee
7. The Imperial Theatre marquee on 45th Street, showing Billy Elliot
8. Junior's on 45th Street
9. The bottom of the Jacobs Theatre sign
10. Promises, Promises marquee
11. The famous Music Box Theatre sign
12. The Memphis awning over the entrance to the Shubert on 44th Street
Bonus: The Radio City Music Hall mural in the Edison Hotel lobby sitting area.