BE SURE TO VOTE ON THE CURRENT POLL! IT ENDS ON SATURDAY!
- July Poll: All American
- Best of the Decade: Best New Musical #3
- Trends of the Decade: The Internet Takes Over Broadway
- Best of the Decade: Best Revivals of Musicals, Part I
- Broadway Drinking Game: Belly Up to the Bar
- Fall Preview: The Scottsboro Boys and Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson
- Laura Benanti (Gypsy) has joined the aleady stellar cast of Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.
- Boyd Gaines (Gypsy) has joined the starry revival of Driving Miss Daisy
- Laura Bell Bundy (Legally Blonde) has been cast in CBS's How I Met Your Mother.
- Carol Burnett (Moon Over Buffalo) has joined the cast of Glee. Idina, Cheyenne, Kristin and Jonathan are all confirmed to return, too.
- Robert McClure (Avenue Q) is the lead role in La Jolla Playhouse's world-premiere production of the musical Limelight: The Story of Charlie Chaplin. The cast includes Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins), Jenn Colella (High Fidelity) , Eddie Korbich (The Little Mermaid), Ron Orbach (1776) and William Youmans (Grand Hotel). The show has music and lyrics by Christopher Curtis and a book by Curtis and Thomas Meehan (Annie, Hairspray).
- Joey Taranto, who made his Broadway debut in Rock of Ages, will succeed Constantine Maroulis and Mitchell Jarvis will also play his final performance as Lonny on Sept. 5. Starting Sept. 13, he will take over the role of Stacee Jaxx from James Carpinello, and he role of Lonny will be played by Jay Klaitz (Lend Me a Tenor).
- Best of the Decade: The Best Musical Revivals, Part II
- Best of the Decade: The Best New Musicals #2
- REVIEW: The New Cast of next to normal
- Virginia's Signature Theatre
- REVIEW: Signature Theatre's Chess
08/02: Mary Louise Parker (Proof)
08/03: Martin Sheen (The Crucible)
08/04: Pamela Burrell (The Scarlet Pimpernel)
08/05: Jonathan Silverman (Broadway Bound)
08/06: Lucille Ball (Wildcat)
08/07: John Glover (The Drowsy Chaperone)