And here's the best news of all! The folks over at How to Succeed have asked me to sponsor a contest! There will be TWO lucky winners of a pair of tickets each to a performance of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre on Broadway!
(Don't want to play, but still want to see the show? Scroll to the bottom of this blog for a special link to a discount for How to Succeed..!)
HOW TO PLAY:
- Starting TODAY (and tomorrow, Friday, Monday and Tuesday) there will be a trivia question at the end of my blog for the day. Each multiple-choice question will be about the 8 musicals (including How to Succeed...) that have won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
- Collect each answer, and submit all 5 to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
Complete, acceptable entries will:
- Put HOW TO SUCCEED CONTEST in the Subject Line
- Include your name, city and state.
- List the answers in order, with the correct letter or letters AND the answers (Ex. 1. B. Playbill Magazine)
- I will collect entries between noon on Tuesday, February 22 and noon on Wednesday, February 23. No entries will be accepted after noon (Eastern) on Wednesday, February 23.
- Any entry that does not meet the guidelines will be disqualified.
- ONE ENTRY PER EMAIL ADDRESS. ONE WINNER PER HOUSEHOLD.
- The winners will be selected at random from all entries that have all the correct answers. You will be notified via email if you have won by 6PM Eastern on Wednesday, February 23.
- Winners will receive one voucher, good for two complimentary tickets to How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying on Broadway at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre. The vouchers are good for any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday performance between March 1 and March 24. (Availability of tickets is subject to prior sale and there may be blackout dates.) Performances are Tues, Weds, and Thurs at 8PM, and Weds at 2, starting March 14.
- You will need to be able to fax your voucher to the company, and provide both the voucher AND a photo ID in order to pick up tickets which will be held for you at the Box Office. You will need to send in your ticket request AT LEAST 96 hours in advance.
THE FINE PRINT:
- JK's TheatreScene is NOT responsible for unreceived or returned emails. It is also not responsible for the rules/guidelines for redeeming winning vouchers, ticket availability or seat location, or who appears in any given performance or not.
- Entries that do not meet the guidelines, or multiple entries from the same email or household will all be disqualified.
- Contributors to this blog (and their families) are NOT eligible to enter. (If you have ever left a comment, you ARE eligible!)
HOW TO GET A DISCOUNT:
Don't want to play? Don't think you'll win? Can't go to the show during the times allotted by the vouchers? Then use the link below to get a great discount on tickets to How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying!
Remember! Look for a new trivia question TODAY (scroll down), tomorrow, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday!
Disclaimer: I have never received any form of compensation for sponsoring this contest. I am not in any way affiliated with the Broadway production, its producers, cast, crew or creative team. This contest is open to readers of JK's TheatreScene, and winners, by virtue of their entry, are confirming that they can use the prize as provided within the guidelines and time period it is valid. All entries, email addresses and names will remain confidential, and will be permanently deleted on March 24, 2011.
Logo and photos provided by HowtoSucceedBroadway, and photos are copyrighted by that company. Photos are by Chris Callis.
TRIVIA QUESTION #1:
Which Pultizer Prize-winning musical is all about the world of Broadway gypsies?
C. A Chorus Line
E. Show Boat
Look for question #2 at the bottom of tomorrow's blog! And remember, you need to give the letter AND the answer on your entry!
(Tammy Blanchard as Hedy La Rue in How to Succeed...)