- The Tony Award winners will be announced. How cruel to know the nominees and not the winners?
- We found out that Hines Ward is the Season 12 Dancing with the Stars champion! (Chelsea Kane was by far the best dancer - let's get her in a Broadway show - and Kirstie Alley was the most improved dancer in many season, and at 60, has inspired a lot of people, I'm sure, while Hines was the perfect storm: improvement, decent dancing, charisma beyond what should be legal, and a fan base that is enormous.)
- Glee had a great finale! Go Kurt and Blaine! Go Finn and Rachel! You'll get 'em next year, New Directions! (Now, producers, if you could work in a shirtless showdown between Matthew Morrison and Cheyenne Jackson, I'd be more than thankful.)
- I got to listen to the Broadway Cast Recording of Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown more than once and fall in love with the show all over again.
- I still have a chance to see the last Broadway theatre I haven't been in: The American Airlines Theatre.
- Anything Goes still has time to record their cast recording.
- Wicked can still be made into a film. (Lea Michele and Diana Agron, please!)
- You can still vote for the 1st Annual Awards That Tony Forgot!
- I have more chances to Tweet!
- And most of all... we will get to see if Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark will finally open and be a huge hit!
But, seriously, considering everything that is actually happening in the world, I have much to be thankful for. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, nuclear meltdowns, war... Maybe it is a good idea to take stock twice a year instead of each November. These days, just surviving is enough for giving thanks.
Comments? Leave one here, email me at email@example.com or Tweet me!