Saturday, June 4, 2011

ASK JEFF... and Other Random Stuff

Here's a few things I've been tossing around in my mind for the past few days, plus a couple of interesting and rather out-of-left-field questions from you.  Not enough of any one thing to make a full blog, but altogether plenty for a quick Saturday read...

  • Something I've Been Craving Recently: The Brisket Melt at Virgil's BBQ... YUMMY!
  • My Current Cast Recording Obsession: Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
  • The 5 OBC Songs I Can't Stop Playing Over and Over:
  1. "On the Verge" from Women on the Verge (Best line ever: "It's murder on a hairdo when your head is under water.")
  2. "Model Behavior" from Women on the Verge (Laura Benanti will soon be called two-time Tony winner!)
  3. "Time Stood Still" from Women on the Verge (I love how Patti wigs out at the end of the song!)
  4. "Rise Above I" from Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark (Reeve Carney is really growing on me...)
  5. "Hello!" from The Book of Mormon (Just how cute can those Moromn boys be?)
  • Shows I Am Looking Forward To: RENT, Lysistrata Jones, The Normal Heart, Death Takes a Holiday - It is going to be a great summer!
  • Show I Wish Everyone Would See: The People in the Picture, Catch Me If You Can
  • Show I Am Sick of Hearing About: Anything Goes
  • Speaking of Which: Anything Goes will, as I blind-itemed weeks ago, have a cast recording on Ghostlight records.  Oh. Boy.



OPINION:  It sure is difficult to feel for producers who complain because their profits are being cut because more and more people are using discounts when buying tickets.  Why?  Because this past season, Broadway shows grossed over $1B...BILLION!!!  And attendance is up over 5%... over 3% if you factor out the extra week this season... and if you have shows that people want to see they will come...your audience will build... and don't be nasty toward the big winners... they sell out and people still need other good shows to see.  When there is a hit, everyone wins eventually.

ASK JEFF

Hey, Jeff!

What do you think about Ashton Kutcher replacing Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men?

TK, Albany, NY

TK,

I'm not sure why you are asking me this, but here's what I think. 1. Charlie Sheen is a waste of space and talent at this point in his life.  2.  I am glad that a lot of people aren't going to lose their jobs now that Ashton is on board.  3.  I couldn't care less about Two and a Half Men.

Jeff

Dear Jeff,

Which shows from this past season are you looking forward to seeing again?

Michaela J., Springfield, MA

Michaela,

First of all, I hope you and your family are safe after the tornadoes the other day!

I am looking forward to a return visit to Catch Me If You Can, Priscilla Queen of the Desert and The Book of Mormon.  Oh!  And War Horse!  I am also interested in returning to The Addams Family on Broadway to see Brooke Shields as Morticia, and on tour to see two of my favorites: Douglas Sills and Sarah Gettlefinger.

Jeff

Hey Jeff!

What are your favorite color, flavor of ice cream, and pizza toppings?  Boxers or briefs?  And worst job ever?

Jordan, NYC

Jordan,

WHY?   Ummm... Green, chocolate, sausage and extra cheese.  Neither.  Layaway clerk at a department store a notch above KMart during the Christmas shopping season.  Imagine the chaos.

Jeff


Hell, I'll answer anything that isn't too personal or dirty, though I prefer theatre questions for this blog!


Have a great weekend, everyone!
Jeff
2.278

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...