Example: "Shut up! Or Not. Let go, and pretty soon you're ululating like a banshee..." Ululating - howling, wailing. "On the Verge" - Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
- "I'm filling up the room, our secret room, with every flower in bloom. I'll have the fire lit, the table set, I'll wear the blue chemise."
- "We've got a lot to thank you for - Geordie you're a corker - a nice extension on the house and a fortnight in Majorca!"
- "Overthrow the effigy! The vast majority burning down the foreman of control!"
- "Reports of my fame are greatly exaggerated, exacerbated by the fact that my syntax is highly complicated."
- "If we're not one, but two, are we evil or good? Do we walk the fine line that we'd cross if we could? Are we waiting to break through the façade?"
- "It's loosey goosey time! She was a gadabout, but she's back again!"
- "But her single most disturbing feature was the coarse black hair on her face. Maybe she was menopausal. Lack of estrogen will cause a lot of odd conditions, some acute! The irony would never faze her namesake of a famous razor. And to be so facially hirsute!"
- "But! What I've left behind looks trifling. What's ahead... looks black! Am I doomed to spend my life a-lingering on...Lingering on! Just lingering on...malingering on?"
- "Raoul and the soubrette, entwined in loves' duet. Although he may demur, he must have been with her."
- "Soon learned power of the truncheon, organize a function king to pawn! So if peace is what you're after, Urinetown's the rafter to hang it on!"
MATCH THE DEFINITION TO THE WORD
a. someone who flits about in social activity
b. to pretend or exaggerate incapacity or illness (as to avoid duty or work)
c. a police officer's billy club
d. a crude figure representing a hated person
e. one that is excellent or remarkable
g. a soprano who sings roles in comic operas; an actress playing a coquettish maid
h. a false, superficial or artificial appearance or effect
i. a woman's one-piece undergarment
j. to make more severe, more intense
MATCH THE WORD TO THE SONG AND SHOW IT COMES FROM