- It may be a photo shoot that brought this all-star cast together for this behind-the scenes video, but there's a lot of great, interesting information about the brand new Broadway play Seminar, which begins previews later this month at thr Golden Theatre. Written by Theresa Rebeck and directed by Sam Gold, the cast is led by Alan Rickman and features Lily Rabe, Hamish Linklater, Hetienne Park, and Jerry O'Connell.
BROADWAY BOX OFFICE (September 19 - 25):
|Top Gross: Wicked ($1.5M)|
|Top Attendance: The Book of Mormon (102.4%)|
Top Average Ticket Price: The Book of Mormon ($147.77)
|Biggest Drop in Attendance: Man and Boy (-9.4%)|
- Man and Boy: Previews: September 9; Opens October 9
- Relatively Speaking: Previews: September 20; Opens October 20
- The Mountaintop: Previews: September 13; Opens October 13
BROADWAY SHOW NEWS
- The 25th Annual Broadway Flea Market and Grand Auction held on September 25th earned $547,658 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, it was announced today. This represents an increase of over $70,000 from last year.
- A box office record was set for the week of September 19 - 25: For the first time EVER, a Stephen Sondheim show grossed over $1M in a week. Follies made $1,122,778 at the Marquis Theatre.
- The Submission opened off-Broadway today. The new play by Jeff Talbott opened the MCC season. It stars Jonathan Groff, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Rutina Wesley and Will Rogers.
- The producers of Broadway's War Horse announced that the Veteran's Day (November 11) performance's net proceeds will be donated to the USO.
|Sierra Boggess and Ramin Karimloo star|
- The special performances to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of London's The Phantom of the Opera began today at thr Royal Albert Hall. The October 2 performance will be broadcast live around the world.
- The National Tour of John Leguizamo's Ghetto Klown opened in LA today, after previews beginning September 30.
BROADWAY CASTING NEWS
- Jackie Burns and Chandra Lee Schwartz are Broadway's newest Elphaba and Glinda in Wicked.
- The casting directors of Broadway's The Book of Mormon and the Kennedy Center's Follies won this year's Artios Awards for theatre casting.