|Those "Beautiful Girls" are ghosts haunting the Marquis Theatre!|
Photo by Christian Delcroix
- Ch'ing.lish: Previews: October 11; Opens October 27
- Other Desert Cities: Previews: October 12; Opens November 3
- Godspell: Previews: October 13; Opens November 7
- Venus in Fur: Previews: October 13; November 8
- Relatively Speaking opened at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre on October 20. The StageGrade.com median grade: C-.
THE BIGGEST BROADWAY NEWS OF THE WEEK:
- The 10th longest-running show in Broadway history celebrated its 10th anniversary today. Thank you for the music, Mamma Mia!
- Today, Broadway regulars Mary Testa, Julia Murney and Andrew Samonsky began performances off-Broadway of 5-time Tony nominee Michael John LaChuisa's new musical Queen of the Mist at Transport Group's space at The Gym at Judson. That space was home to the Broadway-bound musical, Lysistrata Jones.
- Memphis, the Tony-winning Best Musical of 2010, celebrated its 2nd Anniversary on Broadway today.
- Patti LuPone will join the ranks of Angela Lansbury and Bernadette Peters as the 2012 recipient of the Stephen Sondheim Award given by Arlington, Virginia's Signature Theatre. She will receive the award at a gala in April 2012.
- It was announced today that Peter and the Starcatcher would, in fact, be transferring to Broadway this spring.
- Stephanie J. Block will be replacing Tony winner Sutton Foster in Anything Goes while Ms. Foster films a television pilot.
- Chad Kimball plays his final Tony-nominated performance in Memphis today. Tony nominee Adam Pascal begins performances as Huey Calhoun on Tuesday, October 25.
Rate this blog below and leave your comments there, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tweet me!