If this were a blog about baseball instead of Broadway, at this point in the season we'd be talking about the upcoming All-Star Game. And given the recent theatre news, we'd be talking teams jockeying for position, the injury lists, and which people would be called up from the minors.
- New Musicals (Definite): Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, Bonnie and Clyde, Lysistrata Jones, Rebecca, Ghost: The Musical, Nice Work If You Can Get It
- New Musicals (Possible contenders): Yank!, Once, Newsies, Toxic Avenger, Bring It On: The Musical, Enter Laughing
- New Musicals (Longshots for this season): Robin and the 7 Hoods, Minsky's, White Noise, Leap of Faith, Unchain My Heart
- Musical Revivals (Definite): Follies, Godspell, Evita, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, Porgy and Bess, Jesus Christ Superstar
- Musical Revivals (Longshot for this season): Zorba
- Musicals (currently open) in trouble: Mary Poppins, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Sister Act
- Musicals (closing announced) on the way out: Billy Elliot: The Musical, The Addams Family
- Limited runs: Anything Goes*, Follies*, Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway, An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin (* could possibly extend)
Who ends up at the finish line in April and where they are playing remains up in the air until the last minute. And isn't that the fun of mulling over the Broadway season? Next thing you know, we'll have Fantasy Broadway clubs. If you know of one, sign me up!
LYSISTRATA JONES TICKET CONTEST QUESTION #5:
C. The Full Monty
D. Disney's High School Musical
Rate this blog and leave your comments here, or by email at email@example.com, or Tweet me!