WHY HE'S MR. BROADWAY: Sometimes the hottest guys on Broadway aren't up on the stage, but are content to do their work behind the scenes. Such is the case with Mr. January, who smoking hot (I'm so jealous of his also pretty wife, Carolyn) and is so unbelievably talented. He is a 6 time Drama Desk nominee, and I have a feeling his work on Broadway this season will be noticed come Tony time. This season, so far, he is represented by three shows, and he designs other things, too - TV commercials, public spaces and restorations throughout New York City. Just looking at photos of his work makes me get that theatrical "tingle" reserved for the very best. Handsome, talented and tingly... David Korins, set designer at the top of his game. What a great way to start 2012!
- Age: 35
- Family: Wife, Carolyn Cantor; Daughter, Stella
- Education: University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Awards: 6 Drama Desk Nominations (1 win); 12 Hewes Design Award Nominations (2 wins); 3 Lucille Lortel Award Nominations (1 win); 2009 Obie Award for Sustained Excellence in Design
- Featured in Articles: The New York Times, New York Magazine, Time Out New York, Theatremania, Variety, American Theatre, Entertainment Design, Lighting and Sound America
- Where you might have seen his work: Regional: She Stoops to Conquer (McCarter), The Diary of Anne Frank, Godspell (Paper Mill), Bring It On (Alliance; on Tour), Little Miss Sunshine (La Jolla); Off-Broadway: Why Torture is Wrong..., Farragut North, Swimming in the Shallows, When the Rain Stops Falling, Hunting and Gathering, Thom Pain (based on Nothing); TV: Commercials: McDonald's, Friendly's, Programs: The Newlywed Game (Game Show Network), Make Me a Supermodel I, II, Wishful Drinking; Broadway: Bridge and Tunnel, Passing Strange, The Pee-Wee Herman Show, Lombardi, Chinglish, Godspell, An Evening with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin
- Website (CHECK THIS ONE OUT!): http://davidkorinsdesign.com/