The Broadway ads read, "Carrie. There's never been a musical like her." The words sure were prophetic, but in all the wrong ways. Audiences booed the high camp and wildly cheered the almost operatic mother-daughter scenes. It became the most famous flop musical of the last part of the 20th century. And now she's back.
Easily the most talked about musical of the season, Carrie is in full swing, now previewing at the Lucille Lortel Theatre toward a March 1 opening. The show, the stuff of Broadway legend, is back in New York in a newly revised, reinterpreted version. Presented by the MCC Theater Company, even the first previews are generating buzz all over the social media and Internet sites. This time around, you do not want miss this show.
JK's TheatreScene is pleased to announce a contest for tickets to this must-see production - PREMIUM seating at that! It is pretty simple to enter. Just follow these instructions:
- One pair of Premium tickets to the MCC Theater production of Carrie in New York City.
- You must "follow" me on Twitter (@jkstheatrescene) by no later than NOON on Sunday, February 12. I will in turn follow you. I will check my Twitter account regularly so look for me to add you shortly thereafter. I will add followers very early Sunday morning, February 12. Follow me all day Saturday and up to noon on Sunday, but I won't add you until early Sunday, as I will be in NYC!
- Answer these three Carrie trivia questions.
1. Carrie's supernatural power is:
A. She can read minds.
B. She can start fires with her mind.
C. She can control animal behavior with her mind.
D. She cam move objects with her mind.
2. The big high school event that brings out the worst in Carrie is:
A. The first day of school
B. Final Exams
C. The Prom
3. Stafford Arima, director of this revival of Carrie is probably bet know for directing this heavenly off-Broadway hit musical:
A. Evil Dead: The Musical
B. Altar Boyz
C. Little Shop of Horrors
D. Hello, Again
- Once you see that I am following you and have the answers to the questions, send me a direct message (@jkstheatrescene). In the message, write the following:
- (The answers here are examples. You, of course, will provide the correct ones!)
- Be sure you send the direct message to me (@jkstheatrescene). And be sure the message itself starts with @mcctheater. PLEASE NOTE THE SPELLING OF EACH TWITTER NAME!
- Direct messages/entries must be sent no later than 6PM on Sunday, February 12. Messages received after that time will NOT be qualified.
- You may send up to 3 direct messages/entries.
- The winner will be notified via direct message from me by 8PM on Sunday, February 12.
NOTE: If you follow me on Twitter and see that I haven't followed you back by 5PM on Friday, February 10, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMEMBER: Tweet me (@jkstheatrescene) via direct message. The message must include @mcctheater and the three answers. Send up to three such messages by 6PM on Sunday, February 12.