Seth Numrich's film, Private Romeo, finally opens! DVD soon to follow!
BROADWAY (SORT OF) VIDEO OF THE WEEK:
- WINNER: Julie Taymor: She got her money and her due. Now bring on that juicy "Making Of" video! And how about we just let Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark run and bring in lots of kids to start loving theatre better than movies, OK?
- WINNER: Michael Arden: OK, so far he hasn't lived up to the Broadway hype that surrounded him when he did bare off-Broadway. There's still time. But for now he has roles on TV coming up: a part in Charlie Sheen's new comedy Anger Management and a recurring role in the new Kristin Chenoweth soap GCB. Sub-winners: All of us who follow him on Twitter. Stop your griping about not getting parts!
- WINNERS: Fans of Wit: The show got extended another week at the Manhattan Theatre Club!
- WINNERS: Fans of Newsies: The Original Broadway Cast Recording will be made! Anyone taking bets on how long it will be before Disney extends the "strictly limited engagement"?
- LOSERS: The "First Preview
VulturesBloggers" who couldn't see the first preview of Death of a Salesman. It didn't happen. Did any of you get tickets for the second preview, now the first?
ANSWERS TO LAST WEEK'S "BROADWAY QUESTIONS" GAME:
(Song Title, Sung By, Show Title)
- *What do you do with a B.A. in English? "What Do You Do With a B.A. in English?," Princeton, Avenue Q
- Does your mother know? "Does Your Mother Know?," Tanya, Pepper and Company, Mamma Mia!
- How 'bout a dance? "How 'Bout a Dance?," Bonnie, Bonnie and Clyde
- What do you get when you fall in love? "I'll Never Fall in Love Again," Fran and Chuck, Promises, Promises
- I sort of hate to ask it, but do you have a basket? "Into the Woods (Prologue)," Little Red, Into the Woods
- Isn't it good to know that good will conquer evil? "Thank Goodness," Glinda, Wicked
- How can you get so far off the track? Why don't you turn around and go back? "Merrily We Roll Along," The Ensemble, Merrily We Roll Along
- Didn't I see this movie with McMurphy and the nurse? "Didn't I See This Movie?," Diana, next to normal
- *How many people does he need? How many boys? How many girls? "I Hope I Get It," Company, A Chorus Line
- *Who's got the pain? "Who's Got the Pain?," Lola and the Senators, Damn Yankees
- *Who am I? Who am I? "Who Am I?," Jean Valjean, Les Miserables
- *Who's that girl, with the chic shoulder pads and the stockings with the seams? "Who's That Girl?," Margo Channing, Applause (And I am aware that the lyrics are slightly changed for the TV version! Thanks to the three of you who wrote to tell me.)
- *How often is someone concerned with the tiniest thread of your life? "Look Over There," Georges, La Cage aux Folles
- *Why watch me die, like Eliza in the ice? "Not Getting Married Today," Amy, Company
- *God, its good - the lovin' - ain't it good tonight? "The Dark I Know Well," Martha, Ilse and the Boys, Spring Awakening
- Where is love? "Where is Love?," Oliver Twist, Oliver!
- Why did you do it Johnny? "The Ballad of Booth," The Balladeer and John Wilkes Booth, Assassins
- *Look-a here, Huck, do you wanna go to Heaven? "Do You Wanna Go to Heaven?," The Company, Big River
- *You there! Why are you so late? "Surrender," Norma Desmond, Sunset Boulevard
- *What's the sound of the world out there? "A Little Priest," Sweeney Todd to Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney Todd
- Who will love me as I am? "Who Will Love Me As I Am?," Daisy and Violet Hilton, Side Show
- *Who will it be? Who will it be? "The Invitation to the Jellicle Ball," Munkustrap, Cats
- Do you know what's worth fighting for? "21 Guns," Whatsername, American Idiot