AND THIS MONTH'S POLL QUESTION!
(CLICK THE ICONS TO YOUR LEFT)
THIS CONTEST IS OVER! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!
THE ANSWERS ARE BELOW!
Since its Broadway debut, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR has thrilled millions of theatergoers worldwide: mesmerizing them with its passion, captivating them with its story and entrancing them with its anthemic title song. And now, the two-time Tony Award-winning director of Jersey Boys, Des McAnuff, brings a bold, new vision to the classic rock opera by Tony, Grammy and Academy Award winners Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.
Praised by Variety as “A TRIUMPH” and hailed by The Toronto Star as “AN ABSOLUTE KNOCK-OUT,” this thrilling new production has already won rave reviews at The Stratford Shakespeare Festival and Charles McNulty, chief critic of The Los Angeles Times, proclaims, “Go and observe the benevolent gift of this revival which has had the miraculous effect of turning an Andrew Lloyd Webber denier like me into a believer.”
Don’t miss your chance to experience one of the most popular musicals of all time as it gets ready to rock Broadway all over again. Now playing at the Neil Simon Theatre. For more information visit SuperstarOnBroadway.com
And JK's TheatreScene is pleased to present you with the chance to see the show for FREE! That's right! Today begins a new contest for tickets to see one of Broadway's new shows!
- One pairs of tickets for Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway!
- Every day this week (March 12 - 16) a trivia question will be posted on this page. (You will be directed to click the show logo in the column your left. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO SEE THE NEW QUESTION ADDED EACH DAY.)
- Collect the 5 answers to the questions.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Beginning Friday, March 16 at 10AM, email your entry to email@example.com.
- Your entry must include the following:
- SUPERSTAR CONTEST in the Subject Heading
- Provide your name, city and state.
- List your 5 answers in order like this: 1. G. Nathan Lane (number, letter and answer)
- Even if you have won before, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS CONTEST!
- Entries will be accepted until NOON, Sunday, March 18. The winner will be notified by email by 7PM on Sunday, March 18.
- One entry per email address.
- Entries that are not completed as described above will not be counted.
- The winners will be drawn from all entries sent in with the correct answers.
- The winners will receive a voucher good for a pair of tickets.
- Tickets will be good for Monday - Thursday performances through April 12. Blackout dates may apply.
- Winners are responsible for following all rules and guidelines on the voucher in order to receive tickets.
- JK's TheatreScene is not responsible for lost entries or entries not completed correctly. Also, this blog is not responsible for seat location or any cast replacements at any given performance.
Check back each day this week for a new question. Collect the answers to all 5 questions, then enter to win on Friday, March 16!
(Monday) 1. As of March 12, 2012, both Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice will have three shows giving performances on Broadway.
A. True (ALW: The Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita; TR: The Lion King, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita)
(Tuesday) 2. Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice collaborated on all of the following EXCEPT:
A. AIDA - Tim Rice provided lyrics to Elton John's music
B. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
D. The Wizard of Oz
(Wednesday) 3. All of the following Biblical figures have their name in a song title in Jesus Christ Superstar EXCEPT:
A. Jesus of Nazareth
B. Judas Iscariot
C. Mary Magdalene
D. Simon Zealots
(Thursday) 4. Des McAnuff has directed all of the following shows on Broadway, EXCEPT:
A. How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
B. The Who's Tommy
C. Jersey Boys
D. Titanic: The Musical
(Friday) 5. This revival of Jesus Christ Superstar originated:
A. in New York.
B. in Canada.
C. in London.
D. in Australia.
THE NEXT CONTEST STARTS MONDAY, MARCH 19!