TAKE THIS MONTH'S BROADWAY'S POLL TO YOUR LEFT!
Into the Woods, let's play Six Degrees of Donna Murphy. What that means is how many relationships does it take to get from Donna to the given end point? The object is to get there in the fewest steps, and never more than six. Here's an example: Donna Murphy to Jan Maxwell:
Donna Murphy played Phyllis Stone in Encores! Follies. Jan Maxwell played the same role in the 2011-12 Broadway Revival. Murphy to Follies to Jan Maxwell. There is 1 degree of separation.
Some of these are easy, some are more difficult, and the last 4 are challenging. REMEMBER: You can get from Donna to the end in six or fewer degrees of separation. HINT: None of the relationships have to do with her films, only her Broadway and Off-Broadway (including Encores!) credits.
|Anyone Can Whistle|
1. Donna Murphy to Lucie Arnaz
2. Donna Murphy to next to normal
3. Donna Murphy to Gore Vidal's The Best Man
|The King and I|
4. Donna Murphy to Disney's The Little Mermaid
5. Donna Murphy to Andrew Lippa
6. Donna Murphy to Andrew Lloyd Webber
7. Donna Murphy to Smokey Joe's Cafe
8. Donna Murphy to John Doyle
|The People in the Picture|
9. Donna Murphy to Billy Elliot
10. Donna Murphy to Kelli O'Hara
11. Donna Murphy to Alan Cumming
12. Donna Murphy to Harvey Fierstein
Answers will be posted next Sunday! Good luck!
(Photos from The New York Times and The Playbill Vault)