Thursday, August 30, 2012

4th Smash Year! (My Blog Turns 3...)

Three years ago today, I Googled "blog template," came across this really easy and very flexible blogging program.  I wanted to see if I could bring together my two loves: writing and theatre.  And then I wondered if what I had to say would mean anything to anyone besides me!  Well, 1,102 blogs later, I'm still here (intentional Follies reference)!  And I am so grateful that others find what I have to say interesting enough to make this all worthwhile.

So, before I go any further, I want to thank all of you for coming back day after day, and for all of your input and support.

Over the coming year, I am looking forward to sharing..
.





  • ...more reviews -Broadway, Off-Broadway, regional and National Tours.  This past year, I really enjoyed bringing you my thoughts on every new musical and musical revival to open on Broadway last season, plus several plays, including all 4 Tony nominees for Best Play.  And there were several off-Broadway shows, the New York Musical Theatre Festival, regional productions from Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, DC, and Baltimore.  (I did see one Off-Off-Broadway show, but I just couldn't bring myself to write about it...)

  • ...more media reviews - theatre books, CDs, and DVDs.  Thanks to my friends at Broadway Records, it was cool to bring you reviews of the cast recordings of Bonnie and Clyde, Lysistrata Jones and the Nick Jonas EP of How to Succeed..., and Applause Books brought you the Spring Awakening lyrics study.





  • ...more interviews - thanks to Claybourne Elder, Lindsay Nicole Chambers, Josh Segarra, Derek Klena for in-depth interviews, and my two buddies Alex Wyse and Teddy Toye, who are kind enough to check in regularly from their journeys to Broadway stardom.  Coming up very soon, I've got an interview with star of Godspell and Broadway-bound Allegiance star Telly Leung, more with Teddy and Alex, and I'm working on interviews with a current Broadway fan favorite and a Tony-winning Broadway legend (I can't tell you who yet)!





  • ...more interactive stuff - monthly theatre polls, "HOT/HOTTER" contests for each new musical this season, games and puzzles, and the 3rd annual JKTS Awards!
  • ...more contests - tickets to some of Broadway's biggest plays and musicals, and maybe even some special show memorabilia (again, I can't tell you more yet)!


Of course, this blog is ever-changing.  So PLEASE keep writing, Tweeting and letting me know what you want to see (and what you don't) and I'll do my best to bring it to you!


Lastly, I'd like to thank Andrew Keenan-Bolger, Ben Fankhauser, Max Von Essen, Curtis Holbrook, Kara Lindsay and Betty Buckley for your help and input with the Mr and Ms Broadway feature and support with ideas and pictures and other stuff that has made this blog even better than ever!

Special thanks to the Fansies Alliance - every Broadway show should be so lucky to have such intense and loyal fans as Newsies does.

And, finally extra-special thanks to Esther and Tyler, my two best Twitter buddies, and my best editor, theatre companion and friend, Mike.

Here's to another great year!


BEFORE YOU GO, HAVE YOU...
  • ...VOTED IN THIS WEEK'S HOT/HOTTER?  CLICK HERE FOR THE DOGFIGHT EDITION! THE POLL CLOSES AT 8PM TONIGHT!
  • ...VOTED IN THIS MONTH'S THEATRE POLL?  SCROLL DOWN AS YOU READ TODAY'S BLOG!  IT'LL BE ON YOUR LEFT! YOU'VE GOT TODAY AND TOMORROW!

Jeff
4.001
Comments? Questions? @jkstheatrescene (Twitter); jkstheatrescene@yahoo.com (Email); or leave a comment below and check a box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...