- TAKE THIS MONTH'S THEATRE POLL - TO YOUR LEFT AND DOWN A BIT
- "HOT/HOTTER": BRING IT ON EDITION! VOTE TODAY BY CLICKING THE CHEERLEADER TO YOUR LEFT! POLL CLOSES THURSDAY!
A few days ago, I blogged about some of my favorite Broadway moments (HERE) - those specific moments from shows when I realized I was seeing something extra special. And I asked you for your moments. Here a few of your responses from Twitter:
|Donna Murphy in Wonderful Town|
- @ChaoticCorey: When Girl says "I love you." to Guy in @OnceMusical in Czech and he doesn't know what she said.
- @Itsdlevy: October 14, 1930. A secretary walks onto the Alvin Theatre stage, opens her mouth to sing "I Got Rhythm." A legend is born.
- @leeheek: My fave #BwayMoment was Donna Murphy's "Conga!" in Wonderful Town. Her humor & physicality were astonishing & hysterical! Saw her 4 times.
- @leeheek: Janet Mcteer + rain in MARY STUART...Magnificent doesn't even begin to cover those magical moments. Will never forget.
- @TwoShowDays: It's too hard to pick a favorite #BwayMoment. But the most literally breathtaking one so far is the canvas priming in Red.
- @midtownNY: The best #BwayMoment- Harvey Fierstein in La Cage Aux Folles, singing "I Am What I Am," 3/29/11
- @NewYorkTheater: Intermission? Seriously. In Albert Innaurato's Gemini, audience watches a tent for a LONG time, thinking 2 characters are having sex in it
|Janet McTeer in Mary Stuart|
|Eve Best in A Moon for the Misbegotten|
- @GratuitousV: A fave #BwayMoment and my 1st: Eve Best barging out the door of a dilapidated shack at the start of A Moon for the Misbegotten.
- @GratuitousV: Well it would be hard to beat getting up on a Broadway stage to join the hippies the end of Hair!
- @BroadwayMouth: Seeing Carol Channing leading "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" in HELLO, DOLLY! and "96,000" on tour in IN THE HEIGHTS.
- @kevinddaly: Opening night August: Osage County. The Act 2 dinner scene and audience pandemonium that ensued when the act ended.
- @kevinddaly: The Light in the Piazza opening night when the audience refused to stop applauding until director and authors took a call.
Tony Award-winner Lin-Manuel Miranda Tweeted:
- @Lin_Manuel Favorite all-time Broadway Moment?" Closing night Heights, the whole night.
Xanadu and West Side Story star Curtis Holbrook Tweeted:
- @CurtisHolbrook: when I got to kiss my future wife on stage :) (She's Lysistrata Jones/Wicked (Tour) star Patti Murin!)
Broadway favorites and friends of JK's TheatreScene Teddy Toye (Bring It On) and Alex Wyse (Triassic Parq), plus @Lyssie Jones had this to say:
- @TeddyToye: When @alexwyse took his clothes off in@LyssieJones
- @alexwyse: when @TeddyToye watched me take my clothes off in @LyssieJones.
- @Lyssie Jones: that might be everyone's favorite part! #Holdon
But I think Broadway legend Betty Buckley put it best for all of us Broadway fans when she Tweeted:
- @BettyBuckley: Sooo many... : )
Share your Favorite Broadway Moment via Twitter (Use @jkstheatrescene and #BwayMoment) or email at email@example.com.
Question? Something to say? @jkstheatrescene (Twitter); firstname.lastname@example.org (email); or check a box and leave a "Comment" below (Blogger)