“ENCHANTING! When Rob McClure transforms himself into Chaplin's Little Tramp, it's a dizzying, multilevel metamorphosis." – Brantley, The New York Times
“REMARKABLE! Rob McClure is BRILLIANT” – New York Magazine
“A THOUGHTFUL and TOUCHING musical that WINS OUR HEARTS!”– NY1
“WELL, HELLO, ROB MCCLURE! Welcome to the show that’s going to make you a Broadway star!” - Newsday
Chaplin, the man who changed the way America went to the movies, is now the musical Broadway can't stop talking about!
CHAPLIN features a book by three-time Tony Award® winner Thomas Meehan (Hairspray, The Producers, Annie) and Christopher Curtis, and music and lyrics by Christopher Curtis.
This big musical about the little tramp marks the remarkable Broadway turn of Rob McClure as the legendary silent film star, and is choreographed and directed by Warren Carlyle (Follies, Hugh Jackman - Back on Broadway). Join us as America falls in love with Chaplin all over again.
MORE ABOUT THE SHOW:
Since Chaplin is about one of America's first media superstars, it makes perfect sense that the show is EVERYWHERE on the social network scene! Find out all about the woman herself on this YOUTUBE video:
And now JK's TheatreScene has your chance to win a pair of tickets to the big Broadway musical Chaplin!
- 2 tickets to the show at the Barrymore Theatre on Broadway
- Good for ALL performances from October 16 - November 18 and November 27 - 30.
- Tuesdays at 7PM, Wednesdays at 2PM and 7:30PM, Thursdays at 7PM, Fridays at 8PM, Saturdays at 2PM and 8PM, Sundays at 3PM
- 96 hours notice required before desired performance.
- All of the rules set by the producers must be followed.
BROADWAY AT THE MOVIES!
- The winner will be selected from all entries that follow the above guidelines and have the correct answers.
- The winner will be notified sometime Sunday evening, October 14.
- JK's TheatreScene is not responsible for lost or unreceived emails, for the availability of tickets or their location, or for cast member absences.
- If the winner does not follow the instructions on the prize voucher, it will be null and void.
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE: ChaplinBroadway.com
- FACEBOOK: Facebook.com/ChaplinBway
- TWITTER: Twitter.com/ChaplinBway (@ChaplinBway)
- INSTAGRAM: @ChaplinBway
- YOUTUBE: Youtube.com/ChaplinBway
- PINTEREST: Pinterest.com/ChaplinBway
- ...have you voted in this week's HOT or NOT? ANNIE, Part 2. CLICK HERE. You have until Thursday evening!
- ...have you VOTED in this month's THEATRE POLL? CLICK your answer on the poll in the left column!
1. The number of "n"s in next to normal PLUS the number of times La Cage aux Folles has been on Broadway MINUS The number of Tonys the revival of Evita won EQUALS 5 2+3-0=5
2. (Title of a Jason Robert Brown musical PLUS the number of dancers on the line in A Chorus Line) DIVIDED by the number of human characters in Avenue Q EQUALS 10 (13 + 17)/3 = (30)/3 = 10
3. (The number of Best Book of a Musical Tony nominations earned by Douglas Carter Beane MULTIPLIED by the number of acts in the original production of My Fair Lady PLUS the number of the Green Goblin's "Sinister" friends) DIVIDED by the number of Tonys won by Peter and the Starcatcher EQUALS 3 (3 x 3 + 6)/5 15/5 = 3
4. (The number of Seasons in Jersey Boys PLUS how many "It Takes" in that Hairspray song) TIMES (the number Mamet plays on Broadway this fall TIMES the number of Tonys won by Once) EQUALS 96 (4 +2) x (2 X 8) 6 x 16 = 96
5. The finale of A Chorus Line TIMES the number of Tonys won by Rock of Ages TIMES (the number of Tonys won by 2003's Best Musical MINUS the number of adult Chaplins that appear in Chaplin PLUS the total number of objects Milky White actually eats) EQUALS 0 1 x 0 (8 - 5 + 4) 0(7) = 0