5. "Christmas Bells" from RENT
Just as number 6 captures a specific aspect of the holiday season, number 4 just as wonderfully captures the build up and abject joy of that month leading up to the magic day. Remember when the build up was only a month? (If you get the chance, check this show out before it leaves Broadway on December 20!)
The last "political" Christmas song on the list is back in full view these days at the Palace Theatre. Funny that my other favorite song from that show is "We'd Like to Thank You, Herbert Hoover"...
3. "New Deal for Christmas" from Annie
Another classic brought to the stage via film. The truth is, no matter where I hear it, my head floods with Christmas memories, and that's not a bad thing at all.
2. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from Meet Me in St. Louis
Maybe it's because it's from my first Broadway show. Maybe it's because I worship Angela Lansbury. But really, it's because when I need quick boost of holiday spirit, this is the song I turn on.
1. "We Need a Little Christmas" from Mame
Do you have a favorite Christmas song from a Broadway show? Please share by adding a comment below!
Before you go... (Click the blue links!)
Check out these reviews:
Check out these Broadway Babies:
- The Book of Mormon's Matt Doyle (Mr. December)
- A Christmas Story's Erin Dilly (Ms. November)
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood's Eric Sciotto - Chat Part 2!
- Spencer Plachy (Face of the Future)