ABOUT THIS PRODUCTION
International film star Orlando Bloom will make his Broadway debut alongside two-time Tony Award® nominee Condola Rashad, as Shakespeare’s star-crossed lovers in a new Broadway production of the timeless love story ROMEO AND JULIET, directed by five-time Tony Award® nominee David Leveaux. The play will open on Broadway on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at the Richard Rodgers Theatre, following preview performances from Saturday, August 24, 2013.
The production will also star Tony Award® winner Brent Carver (Kiss of the Spider Woman) as Friar Laurence, two-time Tony Award® nominee Jayne Houdyshell (Well, Follies) as the Nurse, Tony Award® winner Chuck Cooper (The Life, “House Of Cards”) as Lord Capulet, Christian Camargo (All My Sons, The Hurt Locker) as Mercutio, Roslyn Ruff (The Piano Lesson, The Help) as Lady Capulet, Conrad Kemp (HBO‟s “The Girl”, Jerome Salle’s Zulu) as Benvolio, Justin Guarini (American Idiot, Women on the Verge…) as Paris, Corey Hawkins as Tybalt, and Geoffrey Owens as Prince Escalus. Completing the cast are Donte Bonner, Joe Carroll, Don Guillory, Sheria Irving, Maurice Jones, Eric Loscheider, Spencer Plachy, Michael Rudko, Tracy Sallows, Thomas Schall, Carolyn Michelle Smith and Nance Williamson.
While ROMEO AND JULIET is the most famous love story of all time, this production will mark the first time in 36 years that the play will be produced for Broadway. This version of the classic tale will retain Shakespeare’s original language but have a modern setting in which members of the Montague family will be white, and the Capulet family will be black.
- Answer the following three questions.
- Email the answers to the questions, letter AND answer like this : 1. D. Angela Lansbury
- Include your full name and city and state.
- Send the email to email@example.com with the Subject Heading ROMEO AND JULIET CONTEST
1. Condola Rashad, who will be playing Juliet, was last on Broadway in which show?
A. Radio Golf
B. Stick Fly
C. Into the Woods
D. The Trip to Bountiful
2. Orlando Bloom, who will be making his Broadway debut as Romeo, is probably most famous for his roles in which film franchise?
A. Fast and Furious
B. The Pirates of the Caribbean
C. The Transformers
3. As of August 11, 2013, there are planned Broadway productions of all of the following Shakespearean plays this season EXCEPT:
A. As You Like It
C. Richard III
D. Twelfth Night
THE FINE PRINT
- The tickets are good for Tuesday through Thursday performances in September. Offer NOT available on Opening Night and other blackout dates may apply.
- Winner of the ticket contests from JK's TheatreScene for Forever Tango is NOT eligible for this contest.
- ONE ENTRY per email address.
- Entries must be received by NOON on Saturday, August 17, 2013.
- JK's TheatreScene is NOT responsible for lost or late emails, ticket availability, seat location or the absence of any cast members.
MORE ABOUT THE SHOW: ONLINE & SOCIAL NETWORKS
- Website: www.RomeoAndJulietBroadway.com
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/RomeoJulietBway
- Twitter: www.Twitter.com/RomeoJulietBway
- Instagram: www.Instagram.com/RomeoJulietBway
- Google+: Plus.google.com/+RomeoJulietBway
Tickets are available now at The Richard Rodgers Theatre Box Office (226 West 46th Street), online at Ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
A limited number of $20 tickets for each performance are available for college students. Tickets may be purchased in advance either at the Box Office with valid ID or online, exclusively through TIX4STUDENTS.COM. Limit of two tickets per order; price does not include facility fee.
For educators: A limited number of $20 tickets for each performance are available for educators. Tickets may be purchased in advance at the Box Office with valid ID. Educator tickets are only available for purchase at the box office. Limit of two tickets per order; price does not include facility fee.