Given the pedigree of this new play, it is no wonder there is a lot of buzz about A Time to Kill. I can't decide what has me most excited. Is it that it is based on one of my favorite books? Or that it was turned into a play by one of my favorite writers? Or is it the stellar cast that has been assembled to bring new life to the work? I'm going to go with ALL THREE! And now, I'm so excited to bring you this chance to win tickets to the show! In order to win these tickets, you'll need to submit your entry no later than Saturday, September 7 at NOON!
ABOUT THE PLAY
Tony® Award-winning playwright Rupert Holmes’ stage adaptation of A Time to Kill , John Grisham’s best-selling novel, will open on Broadway on Sunday, October 20, 2013, at the John Golden Theatre (252 West 45th Street). This new Broadway play holds the distinction of being the first-ever John Grisham property to be adapted for the stage. Ethan McSweeny will direct, with previews beginning Saturday, September 28th. Sebastian Arcelus, Chike Johnson, Patrick Page, Tony Award® winner Tonya Pinkins, Emmy Award® winner Tom Skerritt, Fred Dalton Thompson, John Douglas Thompson, and Ashley Williams plus Dashiell Eaves, J.R. Horne, John Procaccino, Tijuana Ricks, and Lee Sellars will star.
A Time to Kill, the popular courtroom drama, tells the emotionally charged, now-iconic story of a young, idealistic lawyer, Jake Brigance, defending a black man, Carl Lee Hailey, for taking the law into his own hands following an unspeakable crime committed against his young daughter. Their small Mississippi town is thrown into upheaval, and Jake finds himself arguing against the formidable district attorney, Rufus Buckley, and under attack from both sides of a racially divided city. This drama is a thrilling courtroom battle where the true nature of what is right and what is moral are called into question.
|Director and Star: |
Ethan McSweeny and Sebastian Arcelus
“There is a great tradition of courtroom dramas in American literature and I'm thrilled to be a part of the Broadway premiere of a new addition to the genre,” said director Ethan McSweeny in a statement. “We have assembled a superb cast of actors with enormous depth to their careers each of whom will contribute something special to bringing to life the vivid tapestry of John Grisham's Mississippi and Rupert Holmes' gripping adaptation for the stage.”
- Answer the following three questions.
- Email the answers to the questions, letter AND answer like this : 1. D. Angela Lansbury
- Include your full name and city and state.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Heading A TIME TO KILL CONTEST
- The tickets are good for Tuesday through Thursday performances in October. Offer NOT available on Opening Night and other blackout dates may apply.
- Winners of the ticket contests from JK's TheatreScene for Forever Tango and Romeo and Juliet are NOT eligible for this contest.
- ONE ENTRY per email address.
- Entries must be received by NOON on Saturday, September 7, 2013.
- JK's TheatreScene is NOT responsible for lost or late emails, ticket availability, seat location or the absence of any cast members.
- Website: www.ATimeToKillOnBroadway.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ATimeToKillBway
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ATimeToKillBway
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ATimeToKillBway
- Google+: plus.google.com/+ATimeToKillBway
- #ATimeForJustice: ATimeForJustice.Tumblr.com
Tickets are available now at The John Golden Box Office (252 West 45th Street), online at Telecharge.com or by calling 212-239-6200.