WHY SHE'S MS. BROADWAY: OK, so she's currently starring in an Off-Broadway musical, but Stephanie J. Block is the most requested Ms. Broadway by you readers that I have yet to honor as such. She's had a remarkable stage career all over the country in regional theatre and in New York, on and off Broadway. She's been in plays and musicals, new and revivals. Along the way, she's been nominated for just about every major award including the Carbonell, the Helen Hayes, the Drama Desk, and, most recently, the Tony. She's released a solo album, appeared at Birdland, and made her dramatic television debut in Homeland. And there is certainly no denying she has range - from Grizabella to Reno Sweeney, from Grace O'Malley to Liza Minelli, and from Edwin Drood to Judy Bernly. Her co-stars and collaborators include no less than Chita Rivera, Hugh Jackman, Dolly Parton, Jason Alexander and Joel Grey. Now, at last, she's Ms. November.
- She was born in California on September 19.
- She's married to Mr. Broadway December 2010, Sebastian Arcelus.
- The were in the National Tour, and later, the Broadway company of Wicked; she was Elphaba, he was Fiyero.
- She co-starred in The Mystery of Edwin Drood with her dog, Macaco.
- She was the original Belle in Disneyland's Beauty and the Beast.
Head Shots and Candids
TV and Recording
Off-Broadway and On Broadway