- 72.73% : Watch as it happens live (This is what I did.)
- 18.18% : Catch highlights on You Tube
- 9.09% : DVR them to watch later
- 36.36% : All by myself. (This is usually me...)
- 36.36% : My family watches together. (The teenage me is jealous!)
- 27.27% : I'm having a party with all of my Broadway fan friends! (I sorta did this... Mike and I watched while having soda and snacks.)
What are you looking forward to the most at this year's Tony Awards?
- 44.44% : I can't wait to see who wins!
- 44.44% : I can't wait to see the numbers from this year's musicals!
- 11.11% : I can't wait to see what Kristin and Alan do is the hosts!
As for the awards themselves...
Both Mike and I were both 65% right on our Tony predictions. We can't really quibble about any of the ones we got wrong, really, since the people we didn't pick were all really wonderful. And we were both very relieved and grateful that Fun Home won!
Poll Results: How YOU rated this year's Tony telecast:
How did Alan and Kristin do?
- 42% : I miss NPH!
- 26% : They were okay, I guess.
- 21% : They were great! Bring 'em back next year!
- 11% : They should stick to acting.
What was the biggest surprise of the evening?
- 58% : Ruthie Ann Miles winning
- 16% : The complete shut out of On The Twentieth Century
- 11% : Christian Borle winning
- 11% : Fun Home winning
- 5% : The complete shut out of On the Town
Who gave the best speech of the evening?
- 57% : Kelli O'Hara
- 16% : Ruthie Ann Miles
- 11% : Alex Sharp
- 1% EACH : Annaleigh Ashford, Michael Cerveris, Sam Gold and Dame Helen Mirren
The best performance on the show was...
- 53% : Fun Home (I agree!)
- 21% : Something Rotten! (A close second for me, too.)
- 6% : Finding Neverland (Harvey would be pleased!)
- 5% EACH : The King and I, On the Twentieth Century, An American in Paris, and the In Memoriam segment featuring Josh Groban.
Which shows should generate the most tickets sales based on their Tony Awards performance?
- 25% : Something Rotten!
- 23% : Fun Home
- 15% : The King and I
- 13% : It Shoulda Been You
- 8% : Finding Neverland
- 6% : An American in Paris
- 6% : On the Town
- 4% : Gigi
- 2% : On the Twentieth Century
Thanks to all of you who participated!
Finally, I know I promised a look back at The Producers for last week's Flashback Friday, but I got to thinking... 13 Tonys and 2,502 performances is really all the recognition it needs 15 years later. Plus, I hated that show with a passion. Sorry to disappoint... :-)