Friday, January 26, 2018

HAPPY 30TH, PHANTOM!

They may have celebrated the event on Wednesday, but today is the actual anniversary. No matter when  they did, and no matter what you think of the show (I, myself, am not a phan) it's still a remarkable achievement!

The logos have been tweaked over the years, the cast has changed hundreds of members, and the ticket prices have certainly changed. When the show opened, the top ticket price was an outrageous $50.00.  (These days for slightly less, you can get nosebleed seats for that. Heck, there are even $29 seats for some performances.) And how many cast members weren't even alive yet on January 26, 1988?

Long-time readers know how much I love Broadway marquees and logos, so I thought I'd pay tribute to The Phantom of the Opera with a look at how it has changed over the years!







Playbill Opening Night Pages


And, as if they read my blog from the other day , here's a Phantom art photo of the 30th anniversary principals:




Congratulations! Here's to 30 more!

(Photos: personal, Getty, C McNaney)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...