Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Little Things: Of Twitter and Show Sites...

<<<<< Don't forget to vote for The Broadway Olympics! Click the rings and vote now!

"It's the little things you do together," says Sondheim in Company.  Even on Broadway, home of the over sized gesture, it's the little things that sometimes tickle me the most.  Here are a few things that caught my eye this week:

The Band's Visit Website


Not a head shot in sight: Ari'el Stachel, Jonathan Raviv and Kristen Sieh

I love that instead of the typical head shots, the cast biographies include candid shots - some rehearsing, some that look like they might be photos taken during vacation, and even one that is a photo booth strip!  It gives the company a nice "everyman" feeling, I think.

Twitter Finds

Speaking of The Band's Visit, I love this Tweet by Etai Benson.  It is awesome that we have this kind of inclusion on Broadway, and this full embrace of this actor's heritage is happening. How wonderful for him, and for all of us. Thank you, Mr. Benson.




One of this blog's favorite people, Wesley Taylor, also shares a lot on Twitter.  But it's his obvious delight at the phenomenon of fan art that really makes me happy.  Every week he shares pictures that his fans have sent him after seeing him in SpongeBob SquarePants.  Clearly, he appreciates the effort, and how great of him to share with all of us!  Here's a sample:






Let me know what your favorite "Broadway little things" are, and I'll share them next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...