Thursday, February 1, 2018

Ms. Broadway February 2018: Kate Baldwin

I haven't always loved every show I've seen her in, but I can say unequivocally that I have loved every one of Kate Baldwin's  performances I've had the privilege of witnessing (her last three Broadway outings). This two-time Tony nominee (I'm sure her time is coming!) paid her dues, making her Broadway debut as a swing in The Full Monty, dancing in the ensemble of Thoroughly Modern Millie, and playing a supporting role in Wonderful Town. Her Encores! turn in Finian's Rainbow ended up being her first Broadway leading role and her first Tony nod! She co-starred with Norbert Leo Butz in the emotional musical Big Fish, and is currently knocking them dead as Irene Molloy in Hello, Dolly! - and is the very embodiment of "elegance."  And that's just her Main Stem credits! A regular on off-Broadway and regional stages alike, she's had a varied and amazing career - a constantly working actor is a remarkable thing. No wonder, you selected her to be Ms. Broadway - February 2018. Congratulations!


A FEW FACTS:
  • Birthdate: May 2nd
  • Birthplace: Evanston, Illinois
  • IBDB Credits: 6 (the perfect mix of modern and classic musicals)
  • IMDB Credits: 12 (my favorite: The New Leave It To Beaver)
  • Family: Married to actor Graham Rowat; they have 1 child
  • Cool Upcoming Gig: One Word: SKIVVIES!
Headshots/Candids:


Kate with Jonathan Groff (left) and hubby Graham Rowat (right)

Regional and Off-Broadway Theatre
CAN-CAN  CAN-CAN
Can Can
A Little Night Music
A Little Night Music (pictured with Phillipa Soo)
GIANT   GIANT (with Brian d'Arcy James)
Giant
I DO! I DO!     SHE LOVES ME
I Do! I Do! and She Loves Me
john and jen

Broadway:
Finian's Rainbow (with Cheyenne Jackson) FINIAN'S RAINBOW
Finian's Rainbow (Tony Nomination - Best Actress in a Musical)

BIG FISH (with Norbert Leo Butz)  BIG FISH
BIG FISH
Big Fish

03-1.jpg

21hellodolly3-superJumbo.jpg
Hello, Dolly! 
(Tony Nomination - Best Featured Actress in a Musical)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...