Friday, May 10, 2019

The Friday 5: 5 Favorite Show Logos of the 2018 -2019 Season

With the 2018-2019 Broadway season now in the history books, it's time to take a look back at the year in logos. It's one of my favorite topics, so it makes sense to start there! So, this week's Friday 5 is dedicated to our favorite signage on the Great White Way.


Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus
Bloody and irreverent. Just like the play. It reminds me of a cross between two of my all-time favorite logos, Sweeney Todd and Something Rotten! I also love it that it resembles the actual production. Great logo. (The title, not so much...)



***********



Hadestown
Love the mystery and romanticism. Haven't seen the show (yet), but this logo alone - and its clever, telling tagline - intrigues me enough to want to see it based on that alone. Of course, I've seen the press photos, and I know the red flower figures prominently in the story. Can't wait to see it!





Head Over Heels
Loved the show, loved the logo - both versions! Our full logo review: HERE.






Oklahoma!
Another show I can't wait to see. The dark side of Rodgers and Hammerstein excites and intrigues, as does this logo. Our review of this artwork HERE.




The Cher Show
Like its subject, this logo is so stylish. And it nails the three faces of Cher, the three eras... Best tagline of the year. Our review of the logo HERE.





#2075

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...