Friday, November 27, 2009

Bits and Pieces for 11.27.09

OK... so you are either still in a Thanksgiving dinner stupor or you are about to keel over after hours of Black Friday shopping. I hope your holiday was wonderful!

WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED THIS WEEK
  • The Times Square Broadway Sandwich Board People
  • A review of the DVD: RENT The Final Performance Live
  • How Grand Hotel and Our Town effected a friend of mine
  • Dancing with the Broadway Stars
  • Theatrical Thanks/Turkey Lurkey Time Video

PLUS: You might have noticed that there have been little tweaks to the blog...look to your right... there! I've listed my reviews and their grades. I slightly reorganized the Blog Archive list. I have a follower! Steve On Broadway, who also has a great theatre blog himself.

VOTE in this month's poll...please...


CAST RECORDINGS COMING SOON!


This week, the one night only sensation, Glory Days, released its Original Cast Recording. I really enjoyed the show - a great effort by young up and coming writers/composers. How many other one night stands got recorded? I'm hoping to get the CD for Christmas, so look for my thoughts on it at the end of the month!

And, despite the fact that Finian's Rainbow was just so-so in my book, I am looking forward to its revival cast recording. As I said in my review, I loved the three leads, and am looking forward to hearing their work preserved. I can't wait to hear "Old Devil Moon" with Kate and Cheyenne!

Finally, they were selling like hotcakes when I saw the show before it opened, but I hope Memphis gets a great recording and soon. I doubt, as they've advertised, that it'll be out before the New Year, but who knows? And if you haven't seen it yet, GET TICKETS!!!


GLEE-LESS WINTER

No one is more happy than I am that Glee is such a huge hit. And I'm really glad that they don't play a ton of reruns. But news that Glee will be off the screen for FOUR MONTHS has me already on the verge of withdrawal. Guess I'm gonna have to get the DVD of the first half of season one, just to tide me over. I miss you already, Lea, Jan and Matthew... :-)

But, how great is it that the hottest Glee guys are among People's Sexiest Men Alive? Broadway fans always knew that about Matthew Morrison, the rest of the world is just finding out!



FRAISER IN LA CAGE?

In a potentially interesting casting coup, rumor has it that Kelsey Grammer will be Georges in the upcoming revival of La Cage aux Folles. If that's where the producers are going in terms of casting this too-soon-again revival, my interest has been piqued!


Talk to you all soon! Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...