Friday, September 12, 2014

Haven't I Seen This Before? J Lo Channels Fosse

Did any of you catch Fashion Rocks the other night?  I saw maybe six minutes or so, and all of it by pure coincidence.  I was flipping channels, and all of a sudden... there was Jennifer Lopez with a pair of tuxedo-clad, smoking (literally and figuratively) guys! Something about it sure looked familiar...



I'm thinking it's a whole lotta "The Aloof," with a nice touch of "The Heavyweight."  You may know those better as "The Rich Man's Frug" from Sweet Charity as choreographed by one of my heroes, Bob Fosse.


What a nice reminder that Bob and Booty are timeless.  :-)

Jeff
6.009

1 comment:

  1. Hi JK
    I am a huge J LO fan [in London] and admire her multiple talents - although many don't. Anyway, long story short, when I was watching Fashion Rocks last Tuesday, I thought this is a bit 'Broadway' for Ms. Lopez... but what of it. Then this 'Sweet Charity' thing emerges - and stumbling on your site watch the 1969 video - great copy J LO! As she says... 'Lemme show you how to do it..,' and she knows how to do it. Now ordering Sweet Charity from Amazon. Thanks and hello from London!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...