Friday, September 14, 2018

Remembering Marin Mazzie

Like so many of you, I am completely devastated by the passing of Marin Mazzie. It just seems to impossible to believe.

My history of enjoying the power, grace and beauty of her spirit and estimable talents is nearly as long as my history of attending Broadway shows. Sad that this difficult time is what makes me appreciate the gifts she shared with all of us. I was fortunate enough to have seen her in 6 different productions, and she was so vastly different in each. A true chameleon. And just so brilliant.

I caught her Broadway debit in Big River, the National Tour of The World Goes 'Round, Passion, Carrie, Bullets Over Broadway and Next to Normal. What a privilege.





As I was writing just the other day, I have such fond memories of her in Passion. Such grace and beauty. And I was simply bowled over by the ferocity of her Margaret White in Carrie. But I will never forget the extra special honor of witnessing her bravura performance on the closing night of Next to Normal. I will never forget that performance. And I will never forget watching her quietly going to each of her cast mates for individual thanks, hugs and graciousness - all of this while the audience was screaming their adoration. She was the epitome of class.

My sincerest condolences to her husband Jason, her family and all of her Broadway family, too. Thank you, Ms. Mazzie. RIP

#1895

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...